Modular Discharge Lounge by Cotaplan
Modular Discharge Lounge
Creating a comfortable discharge space is an essential part of any hospital space. This is a space in which patients could be forced to wait for many hours, particularly in the busier times of the year. An important part of any modular discharge lounge is that it is accessible from many areas of the hospital – however, as this area can often become crowded, it is also important that access is designed in such a way that it does not contribute towards hospital congestion.
Here at Cotaplan, we are proud to deliver bespoke pre-fabricated construction services for both NHS hospitals and private healthcare facilities. We work closely with all our clients to provide unique modular construction to suit their needs. Whether you’re looking to create a practical and comfortable hospital extension or a stand-alone modular discharge lounge, our team are here for you.
What Are the Benefits of a Modular Discharge Lounge?
A comfortable discharge space is a necessity for NHS hospitals. It is common for patients to spend several hours in these areas waiting for their discharge papers to be prepared, prescriptions to be written up and transportation to be arranged. Thanks to modular construction services, you’ll be able to create the perfect space for your patients’ comfort as well as your staff’s convenience.
You will have the opportunity to include everything you need to make the pre-fabricated discharge lounge function as an independent space on your hospital grounds. Just some of the great features that you can include in your space’s design are:
- Male and Female Waiting Areas – It is not uncommon to separate male and female patients in the discharge lounge, just like you would on the wards. Thanks to the benefits provided by modular design, you aren’t limited in the overall layout of your discharge space. You can have two separate lounges, or one lounge with two entrances for example.
- Bathrooms, Kitchens and Storage Areas – If your discharge lounge is going to operate independently, or even just provide a comfortable service to your patients, then you need to offer a range of amenities. For both staff and patients, on-site bathrooms are essential to prevent them from re-entering the main hospital building. Similarly, on-premises kitchens can help to reduce hospital congestion and provide snacks, drinks or small meals to patients waiting to be discharged.
- Reception Area – It is essential that your modular discharge lounge has access to a dedicated reception area. This will allow the discharge nurses to more efficiently work through their paperwork. This can really speed up the discharge process for many patients.
By creating a truly personalised modular discharge lounge, you will be able to improve patient flow throughout the hospital. This can help to reduce congestion, free-up beds for incoming patients and allow medically-well patients to get home much faster.
Why is Modular Design the Perfect Choice for UK Medical Facilities?
More and more medical spaces in the UK are choosing to take advantage of pre-fabricated design solutions. It isn’t difficult to see why, as these modular building projects offer a wide range of advantages when compared to traditional brick-and-mortar construction. Just some of the incredible benefits that this style of construction can provide are:
- Versatile Design – Thanks to the increased versatility and adaptability of a modular discharge lounge when compared to traditional construction, you will be able to create the perfect space for your needs. For example, the pre-fabricated discharge lounge can be created as an extension of the existing building or as a stand-alone space on the hospital grounds.In addition to the initial versatility of design, these spaces can also be adapted and evolved as required. That means that you can enlarge, adapt or even remove the space as your hospital’s needs continue to change.
- Reduced Project Time and Cost – It is much quicker and easier to create a reliable modular space than it is to construct a traditional brick-and-mortar building. Not only are the materials themselves much cheaper to manufacture, but they are simpler to fit together as well. That means the entire project could only take a couple of weeks from initial design to completion.
- Less On-Site Disruption – The amount of disruption that construction projects cause can be extremely damaging to a medical facility. The increased congestion on the hospital grounds and the noise of construction can often hamper patient access and recovery. Thanks to modular discharge lounge construction, we’ll be able to cause as little disruption as possible and ensure that the day-to-day operation of your medical space continues as normal.
Contact Cotaplan Today for Professional Pre-Fabricated Construction Services
Here at Cotaplan, our team have been providing industry-leading pre-fabricated construction services for more than 30 years. We have worked alongside NHS hospitals and private healthcare facilities across the UK to deliver industry-leading spaces which reduce hospital congestion and improve patient care.
For more information on our wide range of pre-fabricated building services, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our professional team today. You can reach our pre-fabricated construction specialists directly on 0800 7999049. Alternatively, you can fill in our simple online contact form and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.