Portable, Prefabricated Nursery Buildings BY COTAPLAN
When it comes to creating a new nursery for pre-school children, you need to make sure that the environment you create is not only safe, but stimulating and welcoming. This is why modular nurseries are much more effective than their traditional counterparts. In addition to the safety benefits that these buildings can provide, a modular daycare building also looks less scary or intimidating than conventional, brick-and-mortar buildings.
At Cotaplan, we can provide both local authorities and private businesses with bespoke modular nurseries and prefabricated daycare centres. We have worked with a wide range of clients over the last three decades, and we specialise in delivering the highest quality constructions for all uses. Our prefabricated nursery buildings are a high-quality, low cost solution which are suitable for early learning.
Enquire about our services
Benefits of Prefabricated Nurseries
There’s plenty of reasons to choose a modular, prefabricated nursery over traditional brick buildings. The turnaround time in which a modular nursery can be constructed is often one of the great attractions of prefab buildings as well as our modular nursery buildings being an eco-friendly construction. Nursery owners looking to fully benefit from an energy efficient modular build may be interested in PassivClass modular builds. We were the first in the UK to construct a PassivClass building at Smallwood Primary in London.
Other benefits of modular nursery buildings include:
Prefabricated pre-school buildings are entirely customisable. That means you can choose the layout which suits your needs best. Thanks to portable buildings, you aren’t limited in your ideas, and your new construction can be internally and externally fitted to meet your requirements.
Our modular nurseries are designed to meet the requirements and needs of both young children and carers. Thanks to their versatility, our prefabricated nursery buildings can be equipped with child-level windows, heated benches, lowered sinks, toilets and storage areas. We can also provide low-level partitioning to allow unobstructed views across the nursery for carers.
Our pre-fabricated constructions are completely safe. As each component is made off-site, in factory conditions, they are thoroughly tested before we send them out the door. That means there will be no chance of faulty materials causing your building to suffer. In addition, our materials make the entire project simple and clean, ensuring a completely safe space for your pre-school children.
MODULAR SOLUTIONS FOR EDUCATIONAL
Why Choose Cotaplan To Construct Modular Nursery Buildings?
Here at Cotaplan, we have more than 30 years’ experience when it comes to delivering high-quality pre-fabricated constructions. We have worked with a wide range of clients to design and develop intuitive and versatile spaces for all kinds of uses. Educational buildings, especially for pre-school children, need to be designed carefully. It can be a scary time for the children and, without taking the right steps to prevent them from being afraid, it can leave a lasting impression of school throughout their life.re Modular Classrooms Temporary or Permanent Solutions?
Our experience allows us to work with you to effectively design and deliver nursery buildings for any number of pre-school children. Whether you’re looking to create an entirely new nursery space, improve upon an old one or add a nursery to a place of business or educational facility, such as a school, the Cotaplan team are here to help.
Our modular nurseries can be designed from scratch to ensure you receive the perfect layout and design for your nursery. We can include everything from wet-play areas, safe kitchens and bathrooms, sleeping areas and storage options designed with pre-school children in mind. Whether you’re looking to develop a completely new space, or add an extension to an existing property, then our pre-fabricated, portable designs are the perfect choice for you.
In the past, we have helped to develop nursery building plans for all kinds of spaces, and thanks to the versatility and fluidity of modular buildings, we never fail.
In the past, we have created plans for:
Contact Cotaplan To Discuss Your Bespoke Modular Nursery
For safe, welcoming and accessible modular nurseries, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our professional team today. You can reach us directly on 0800 7999049. Alternatively, you can email any questions or requirements you may have to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
Modular Nurseries – FAQs
What are the benefits of using modular nursery buildings?
Modular nursery buildings are becoming increasingly popular as a cost-effective and flexible alternative to traditional brick-and-mortar buildings. They offer a number of benefits, including:
- Speed of construction: Modular buildings can be constructed quickly and easily, often in just a matter of weeks. This can be a major advantage for nurseries that need to expand their capacity quickly.
- Cost-effectiveness: Modular buildings are often more cost-effective than traditional buildings, as they require fewer resources and labour to construct.
- Flexibility: Modular buildings can be easily customised to meet the specific needs of a nursery. This includes the ability to add or remove rooms, change the layout of the building, and add features such as play areas or outdoor learning spaces.
- Durability: Modular buildings are built to last, with a lifespan of up to 50 years. This makes them a wise investment for nurseries that are looking for a long-term solution.
In addition to these benefits, modular nursery buildings are also environmentally friendly. They are constructed using sustainable materials and techniques, and they can help to reduce construction waste.
As a result, modular nursery buildings are a smart choice for nurseries that are looking for a cost-effective, flexible, and sustainable solution.
What are the different types of modular nursery buildings available?
- Single-story buildings are the most basic and straightforward type of modular nursery building. These buildings are typically used for small nurseries that do not require a lot of space. They offer a simple layout and can be quickly constructed. However, they may not be suitable for nurseries that require additional space or facilities.
- Multi-story buildings are popular for nurseries that need more space. These buildings can be designed to any height, depending on the requirements. They offer a range of layout options and can be designed to fit specific needs. Multi-story buildings are also suitable for nurseries that want to maximise their land area.
- Flexible buildings are designed to adapt to nursery needs. These buildings can be quickly modified to add or remove classrooms, offices, or other facilities as needed. They can also be rearranged to accommodate different needs, such as converting a classroom into an art studio. Flexible buildings offer the advantage of evolving with the changing needs of the nursery.
- Specialty buildings are designed for niche purposes, such as science labs or art studios. These buildings are equipped with unique equipment and features to meet students’ and staff’s particular needs. Specialty buildings can be tailored to fit the requirements of the nursery and are an ideal solution for nurseries with individual educational requirements.
What is the cost of a modular nursery?
The cost of a modular nursery building will vary depending on a number of factors, including the size of the building, the type of materials used, and the level of customisation. However, modular buildings are typically more cost-effective than traditional buildings.
At Cotaplan, we understand that budgets in the UK education sector are often tight. That’s why we do everything we can to accommodate your budget when designing and building your modular nursery building.
How long does it take to build a prefabricated nursery building?
On average, it takes around 8 weeks to build a modular nursery building from manufacturing in-house to erecting the building on-site.
This is significantly faster than traditional construction methods, which can take months or even years to complete. The speed of construction is one of the biggest advantages of prefab units, and it can be a major factor in the decision to choose modular construction for a nursery.
What are the environmental benefits of using prefab nursery buildings?
Modular nursery buildings offer a number of environmental benefits over traditional buildings, including:
- Reduced construction waste: Modular nurseries are constructed off-site, which reduces the amount of construction waste that is generated.
- Sustainable materials: Modular nurseries can be constructed using sustainable materials, such as wood and recycled materials.
- Energy efficiency: Modular nurseries are designed to be energy efficient, which can save schools and nurseries money on their energy bills.
Are there any safety features of your modular nursery buildings?
Modular nursery buildings are designed to be safe for children. They are built to meet all applicable safety standards, and they are equipped with features such as fire sprinklers, safety glass, and non-slip flooring.
At our company, we prioritise safety in all aspects of our modular nursery building design and construction. We ensure that all of our modular buildings meet or exceed all relevant UK safety standards, including those outlined in the Building Regulations and other relevant codes.
How much maintenance is required for modular nurseries?
Maintenance for modular nursery buildings is generally straightforward and requires very little effort. The exterior of the building can be cleaned with a pressure washer or standard cleaning solutions, and any repairs can be handled quickly and efficiently by a professional modular building contractor.
Inside, the building’s finishes and systems are designed for ease of maintenance and durability. Walls, floors, and ceilings are typically constructed with easy-to-clean materials, such as vinyl or tile, which are resistant to stains and moisture. The building’s electrical and plumbing systems are also designed to be easily accessible and serviced as needed.
Regular inspections and preventative maintenance can help ensure that a modular nursery building remains in good condition for years to come. This can include checking the building’s HVAC system, electrical components, and plumbing systems, as well as cleaning and maintaining the building’s exterior and interior.